Cambridge Engineering is seeking a Regional Sales Manager with proven new business development and sales management experience to expand our customer base and to grow profitable sales volume with our manufacturing representative network. Primary functions of this role include prospecting, sales and marketing strategy, manufacturing representative management, and overall customer care. We welcome applicants who are excited by the opportunity and challenge of working in a dynamic fast-paced high growth environment.
Reporting to the Director of Sales and Channel Management, responsibilities include:
• Team Leadership & Deployment: Hire, deploy, motivate and evaluate inside and/or outside sales representatives or distributors for the region including forecasting, establishing sales goals and pipeline management. Visit and coach representatives on means to improve volume, trends, and profit margins. Work closely with the Director of Sales & Channel Management to develop strategic and tactical sales plans to achieve territory and corporate goals.
• Business Development: Build and execute a proven strategy for identifying, evaluating and developing new accounts for the region. Proactively seek new regional prospects and build sales processes to support new business development. Engage internal and management resources in a competitively advantaged way to enhance sales process. Develop and maintain strong relationships with customer base.
• Sales Tools: Develop sales tools, including product demonstration presentations, application notes, educational webinar recordings, and technical documentation. Conduct sales training programs to cover products and related applications for customers and manufacturers’ representatives.
• Administrative: Utilize CRM system to document and manage activity on a daily basis. Coordinate budgets and forecasts. Analyze and create sales reports to track performance.
• 5-7 years of progressive sales and sales management experience.
• 4-year college degree in a technical field of study required.
• Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time.
• HVAC industry experience preferred.
• Must excel in an entrepreneurial environment. A collaborative yet competitive, resilient attitude with a strong work ethic is desired.
• Hands-on and non-hierarchical leadership style with an aptitude for coaching strongly desired.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport across the company while quickly and confidently gaining respect of others.
• Superior listening and probing skills.
• Excellent negotiation and communications skills and strong business acumen required.
• Customer-service oriented with a high level of integrity and character.
• Solid planning, organizational and project management skills with the ability to multi-task and assimilate new information quickly.
If you are qualified and interested, please take the next step and apply through Collaborative Strategies, Inc. (CSI), our search consultant, at www.careers-cambridgeeng.icims.com/. Select Cambridge Engineering Regional Sales Manager from the list of opportunities.
Please contact Collaborative Strategies at firstname.lastname@example.org
to make a confidential inquiry or if you experience any difficulties with the system. Please do not contact Cambridge Engineering directly. All resumes and inquiries will be treated as confidential.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Collaborative Strategies Inc. - Connecting talent with opportunity since 1994. Collaborative Strategies is a St. Louis-based consulting firm with a dedicated boutique search practice. We take pride in matching entrepreneurial leaders with great opportunities and organizations like Cambridge Engineering.
Back to Careers